Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Poppies

Welcome to "A Painted Diary." Each day one of us three artists will share our thoughts, feelings, and motivations with you. I am Coleen Edelman and the first painting is mine. I love nature! I love working ouside in the fresh air. I even have loved all the rain that we've had this spring. I live in Utah, and this week we are on a flood warning. Well, I don't love that part, but I've never seen such beautiful green lawns. We haven't had to water yet, and my garden is coming along quite well. So today for my first post, I would like to share with you one of my flowers.

"Poppies"
Today I decided to paint some more poppies. I've painted lots of poppies. can't seem to get tired of them. They are so amazing! They are so bright and full of life and movement. I've painted them in another set of paintings I called "Dancing in the Garden". They are one of the happy places my mind goes to when I paint. Yes,..painting takes me to a happy place....



Painted on 8x8" 1/2" wrapped canvas with acrylic paints.
Starting bid $20
Please email coleenedelman@gmail.com to bid.

No comments:

Post a Comment